MBBS in Armenia For Indian Students: Interesting Facts To Know!
Every year, thousands of Indian students move to different countries to study MBBS abroad for not all of them are fortunate enough to grab a seat in Indian medical colleges due to low NEET scores. Armenia is one of the major international countries where many Indian students are studying medicine in order to be successful doctors and live up to their long-awaited dreams. The country has several NMC-approved top medical universities in Armenia offering top-quality medical education to Indian students and allowing them to practice medicine in the countries of their choice. So, if you are expecting a low NEET score this time and looking for options for MBBS abroad, then MBBS in Armenia is the right choice for you.
The benefits of medical study in Armenia are manifold for Indian students as the country has some very interesting features to look out for.
Quick Overview of Armenia
29.6 lakhs (2020) World Bank
Highland continental, dry with four seasons
Zvartnots International Airport, Yerevan and Shirak International Airport, Gyumri
Distance between India and Armenia
Major cities in Armenia
Yerevan, Gyumri, Vanadzor, Vagharshapat, and Hrazdan
Major attraction in Armenia
Shikahogh State Reserve, Geghard Monastery, Lake Sevan, Noravank, Garni, Khor Virap Monastery, Debed Canyon, Dilijan National Park
MBBS in Armenia
Top-notch academic standards, excellent quality medical education, and comprehensive training and research opportunities makes Armenia one of the top choices for MBBS abroad. Armenia is not just a beautiful country to explore and pursue your medical studies, but also notices a good influx of Indian medical aspirants for MBBS in Armenia. Medical curriculum based on international standards is taught with a pragmatic approach by the highly qualified medical faculty, teachers and professors utilizing the advanced infrastructure in the medical universities of Armenia.
Medical Education in Armenia: A Quick Synopsis
Duration of MBBS
6 years (Includes one year of internship)
Medium of teaching
Average MBBS fees
INR 15,00,000 - INR 30,00,000
Benefits of Studying MBBS in Armenia
Armenia is one of the top destinations to study MBBS abroad for Indian students as the medical universities in Armenia offer top quality medical education in English to their international students. There are several advantages of pursuing MBBS in Armenia:
- Lowest tuition fees for MBBS course in Armenia.
- Hassle-free procedure of MBBS admission in Armenia.
- English is the medium of teaching for better understanding of Indian students.
- Highly qualified faculty members to impart medical lessons.
- Innovative infrastructure such as well-equipped laboratories, advanced classrooms, etc.
- Medical curriculum as per European standards.
- Comfortable and well-furnished hostel facilities are available.
- Clinical training at reputed hospitals and clinics around the globe.
- FMGE, PLAB, and USMLE coaching are available for international students who want to practice medicine in India, the UK, and the USA.
- Indian food is also available.
Course Duration of MBBS in Armenia
The MBBS course duration in Armenia is six years, including five years of classroom training and one year of internship.
Medium of Teaching in Top Medical Universities of Armenia
The medical universities in Armenia impart medical lessons in English for better understanding of Indian students and other international students. Moreover, no student has to appear for English qualifying tests such as IELTS/TOEFLto take MBBS admission in Armenia.
MBBS Fees in Armenia
Although there are many speculations relating to the affordability of medical study in Armenia, studying MBBS in Armenia is budget-friendly compared to the medical education in India. Any Indian student interested in MBBS study in Armenia can get admission in top universities and start their medical careers at affordable fees.
The MBBS in Armenia fees structure consists of tuition fees, hostel fees (optional) and mess fees (optional). The cost of MBBS in Armenia is economical as top Armenian medical universities do not ask for donations for admissions. Furthermore, the facility of education loan is also available to Indian students.
Accommodation Facilities Available To MBBS Indian Students in Armenia
NMC-approved medical universities in Armenia have fully-furnished hostel accommodation with round-the-clock basic amenities available for Indian students studying MBBS in Armenia. The students from India and other countries opting for hostel facilities will have to pay a hostel fees in addition to their tuition fees.
Some of the best features of hostels at best medical universities in Armenia:
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls
- Round-the-clock security within the hostel campus
- Options for single, double-sharing, and triple-sharing hostel rooms
- 24/7 electricity and water supply
- Separate beds, bedsheets, tables and chairs for each student
- Centralized air-conditioned and heating facility available.
MBBS Syllabus in Armenia
The medical universities in Armenia follow a standard MBBS syllabus like other medical universities worldwide, approved by the National Medical Commission. Indian students can pick their specializations based on their interests from more than 150 subjects.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in Armenia
Any Indian students seeking admission in MBBS course in Armenia must fulfill the following admission criteria:
- Must have attained 17 years of age on or before 31 December in the year of admission.
- Must have passed Class 12th with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Must have qualified the NEET UG exam.
- Must have a valid NEET scorecard.
Admission Procedure For MBBS in Armenia
The admission process of top medical universities of Armenia includes the following steps:
- Fill the admission form of the university for admission.
- Submit the application form along with the necessary documents.
- Within two weeks, you will receive the admission letter from the university, the first confirmation for your MBBS admission in Armenia.
- Complete the student visa admission process by submitting your original documents.
- Indian students will leave for medical education in Armenia with their important documents and valid student visa for the admission procedure.
- Pay the tuition fee after reaching the university.
Documents Required For MBBS Admission in Armenia
- Duly filled-in application form for admission.
- Scanned copies of Class 10th and 12th pass certificates and mark sheets.
- NEET score card
- ID proof
- School leaving certificate
- Student visa
- Passport size photographs
- Medical certificate with HIV negative report
Why Study MBBS At Armenian-Russian International University?
Established in 1996, Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University is a top medical university in Armenia renowned for offering the best quality medical education recognized internationally. For more than a decade now, the university has been a popular destination for Indian medical aspirants due to its easy-to-meet eligibility criteria and seamless admission process. ARIU is well-equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and advanced technologies and has highly qualified and experienced professors, faculty, and teachers to impart medical education to students.
For MBBS study in ARIU, students are imparted medical education through laboratory works, medical experiments, seminars, clinical work under the guidance of the supervisors, etc. to meet the world-class medical study. Students who graduate from this Armenian medical university can practice medicine in any country including India, the UK, the USA, Canada, etc.
Recognitions of ARIU
This leading medical university is well-recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Armenia along with the other international organizations such as recognized by the National Medical Commission (erstwhile Medical Council of India), certified by Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), registered with the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), and the Medical Council of Canada (MCC).
Medium of Teaching in ARIU
MBBS in Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University is taught in English for the convenience of all the students.
Duration of MBBS in ARIU
The duration of the medical study in ARIU is six years, including five years of medical studies in classrooms and one year of clinical training/internship. During the medical studies, the students are provided proper guidance in their research work to create a better and growing environment and promote academic excellence for students.
The Final Words
If Armenia is your dream country for your MBBS abroad, you are never short of options. As Armenia is slowly growing into a top destination for medical study for Indian students, Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University is undoubtedly the best medical university in Armenia to push start your medical career. With so much to offer to international students, the medical institution offers the perfect mix of classroom medical education and clinical training at top hospitals to its international students.
The MBBS admissions for September 2022 intake are going on. So, if you are an Indian student expecting a low NEET score and anticipating difficulty in getting admissions in Indian medical colleges, now is your chance to relive your MBBS dream. Apply for admissions in ARIU and study MBBS in Armenia while getting international exposure.